Account Specialist / Senior Account Specialist
We are always looking for new talent but we are not hiring for this position right now. If you are interested in an informational interview, please contact us at AccountSpecialist@EandVGroup.com.
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the media. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant – to influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done. Eckel & Vaughan was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Triangle Business Journal in 2020.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
Responsibilities of the Account Specialist / Senior Account Specialist:
- Study and internalize the overall communications strategy for each client to inform account management and decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy that will help achieve each client’s communications and business goals.
- Maintain and strengthen existing client relationships through regular (monthly) client reporting using quantifiable success metrics.
- Demonstrate leadership through troubleshooting, effective team and resource management, and articulate presentation of ideas.
- Develop original, thoughtful content for social media platforms and client blogs.
- Design, launch, monitor, and optimize social media advertising campaigns.
- Research, write, and distribute media materials.
- Report regularly to clients on progress relative to online traffic, key events, and special campaigns.
- Strengthen and expand your skill set through professional development, online learning, and networking opportunities.
- Thoughtfully conduct informal primary and secondary research and create actionable insights from results.
- Support the activities of the agency through writing, event planning, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, journalism, English, or a related field.
- 1-4 years of experience in strategic communications and/or in marketing.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with passion for communications and social media.
- Ability to work effectively as part of both large and small teams.
- Advanced knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogging channels.
- Familiarity with Sprout Social or similar social media management systems, as well as the WordPress content management system, is preferred.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Meltwater, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Hours & Location:
- Eckel & Vaughan is a fully-hybrid work environment. We encourage all employees to find the balance that works for them between remote and in-person.
- The E&V office is located at 706 Hillsborough Street, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- If necessary, the employee may be asked to work longer hours or on weekends.
- We enjoy Summer ½ day Fridays
- E&V is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day every year.
- Competitive salary and benefits package based upon experience and qualifications.
- Performance-based annual bonus structure.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan (401(k)) with employer matching.
- Reimbursement for cell phone usage.
- Email the following to: email@example.com
- Résumé and cover letter
- Contact information for two references
- Two writing samples
Fill out my online form.