Account Specialist / Senior Account Specialist
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the media. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant – to influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
Responsibilities of the Account Specialist / Senior Account Specialist:
- Study and internalize the overall communications strategy for each client to inform account management and decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy that will help achieve each client’s communications and business goals.
- Maintain and strengthen existing client relationships through regular (monthly) client reporting using quantifiable success metrics.
- Demonstrate leadership through troubleshooting, effective team and resource management, and articulate presentation of ideas.
- Develop original, thoughtful content for social media platforms and client blogs.
- Design, launch, monitor, and optimize social media advertising campaigns.
- Research, write, and distribute media materials.
- Report regularly to clients on progress relative to online traffic, key events, and special campaigns.
- Strengthen and expand your skill set through professional development, online learning, and networking opportunities.
- Thoughtfully conduct informal primary and secondary research and create actionable insights from results.
- Support the activities of the agency through writing, event planning, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, journalism, English, or a related field.
- 1-4 years of experience in strategic communications and/or in marketing.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with passion for communications and social media.
- Ability to work effectively as part of both large and small teams.
- Advanced knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogging channels.
- Familiarity with Sprout Social or similar social media management systems, as well as the WordPress content management system, is preferred.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Meltwater, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Hours & Location:
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- If necessary, the Account Specialist / Senior Account Specialist may be asked to work longer hours or on weekends.
- Work takes place in the Eckel & Vaughan office: 706 Hillsborough Street, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC.
- Competitive salary and benefits package based upon experience and qualifications.
- Performance-based annual bonus structure.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan (401(k)) with employer matching.
- Reimbursement for cell phone usage.
- Email the following to: AccountSpecialist@eandvgroup.com
- Contact information for two references
- Two writing samples