We are always looking for new talent but we are not hiring for this position right now. If you are interested in an informational interview, please contact us at AccountSpecialist@EandVGroup.com.
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the media. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant – to influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done. Eckel & Vaughan was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Triangle Business Journal in 2020.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
Responsibilities of Account Supervisor:
- Serve as account lead for multiple clients and/or specialize in a specific practice area (e.g. public relations, public affairs, etc.)
- Lead teams in the development of strategic communications plans – from research and strategy to budget and metrics.
- Lead the implementation of integrated communications strategies for clients, including advertising, digital media, public relations, public affairs, and marketing.
- Identify metrics for each client scope of work, develop reporting plan and schedules with clients, and manage ongoing report delivery.
- Develop and manage client budgets, billing, and deliverables.
- Maintain and strengthen existing client relationships.
- Demonstrate leadership through troubleshooting, effective team and resource management, and articulate presentation of ideas.
- Serve as an editor for written deliverables (news releases, social media content, etc.) produced by Account Specialists, Account Managers, and Senior Account Managers.
- Strengthen and expand skill set through professional development and online learning.
- Represent agency through active involvement in professional/business organizations and/or community service organizations, preferably through committee or board leadership.
- Support Eckel & Vaughan’s business development team by identifying new leads, provide analysis of potential clients and industries, periodically contribute to proposal development and serve on pitch teams.
- Contribute regularly to the Eckel & Vaughan blog.
- May supervise 1-2 Account Managers and/or Account Specialists.
- Report to the Director of Client Services or Director of Strategic Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Advertising, Journalism, English, or a related field.
- 8+ years of advertising, public relations, media buying and/or marketing experience, including experience with direct account leadership.
- Experience in developing strategic communication plans, including team coordination, creative and tactical execution, measurement and budget management.
- Experience in leading account teams or extensive experience in a practice area (e.g. public relations, public affairs, etc.)
- Experience writing talking points, statements, and media relations materials, is preferred.
- Experience with supervising employees.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in research and media outreach.
- Superior presentation and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter with passion for integrated communications.
- Ability to work effectively as part of both large and small teams.
- Advanced knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogging channels.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Meltwater, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Hours & Location:
- Eckel & Vaughan is a fully-hybrid work environment. We encourage all employees to find the balance that works for them between remote and in-person.
- The E&V office is located at 706 Hillsborough Street, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- If necessary, the employee may be asked to work longer hours or on weekends.
- We enjoy Summer ½ day Fridays
- E&V is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day every year.
- Competitive salary and benefits package based upon experience and qualifications.
- Performance-based annual bonus structure.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan (401(k)) with employer matching.
- Reimbursement for cell phone usage.
- Email the following to: email@example.com
- Résumé and cover letter
- Contact information for two references
- Two writing samples