Contract Account Manager (May – September 2019)
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the media. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant – to influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
Responsibilities of Account Manager:
- Internalize the overall communications strategy for each client to inform account management and decision-making.
- Contribute to the development and lead the implementation of integrated communications strategies for clients, including advertising, digital media, public relations, public affairs, and marketing.
- Contribute to the development and management of client budgets, billing, and deliverables.
- Maintain and strengthen existing client relationships through regular (monthly) client reporting using quantifiable success metrics.
- Demonstrate leadership through troubleshooting, effective team and resource management, and articulate presentation of ideas.
- Develop original, thoughtful content for the social media platforms and client blogs.
- Design, launch, monitor, and optimize social media advertising campaigns.
- Strengthen and expand your skill set through professional development, online learning, and networking opportunities.
- Support Eckel & Vaughan’s business development team by identifying new leads and/or through research and analysis of potential clients and industries.
- Contribute regular posts to the Eckel & Vaughan blog.
At Eckel & Vaughan, we seek individuals who demonstrate the important qualities of drive, discipline, mastery, excellence, and leadership and seek opportunities to improve those qualities in how they perform professionally and personally throughout their career.
- Develops and manages process and timeline for communications plan creation
- Initiates renewal kickoff/organic growth conversations with BD team
- Coordinates resources and personnel
- Leads implementation of communications strategy, with guidance from account lead
- Serves as primary point of contact for client
- Effectively manages up and across team
- Contributes to development and management of client budgets, including estimating, tasking out time, and managing billing
- Anticipates and prepares for client questions
- Demonstrates leadership through troubleshooting and articulate presentation of ideas
- Identifies insights and ensures reports align with strategic goals
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Advertising, Journalism, English, or a related field.
- 5-10 years of advertising, public relations, media buying, and/or marketing experience, including experience with direct account leadership.
- Experience writing talking points, statements, and media relations materials, is preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in research and media outreach.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Self-starter with passion for communications and social media.
- Ability to work effectively as part of both large and small teams.
- Advanced knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Blogging channels.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Meltwater, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Hours & Location:
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- If necessary, the Account Manager may be asked to work longer hours or on weekends.
- Work takes place in the Eckel & Vaughan office: 706 Hillsborough Street, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC.
- Competitive salary based upon experience and qualifications.
- Email the following to: ContractAM@eandvgroup.com
- Résumé and cover letter
- Two writing samples