Digital Marketing Specialist
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the press. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant. To influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Specialist:
- Study and internalize the overall communications strategy for each client to inform data gathering, monitoring, reporting, and decision-making.
- Utilize Meltwater, Cision, and other tools to monitor online traffic on behalf of clients and develop a response strategy when appropriate.
- Analyze traditional and social media content to provide strategic counsel to clients building a strategic plan, responding to a crisis, or educating citizens on a local issue.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy that will help achieve each client’s communications and business goals.
- Identify ways to improve client reporting, data gathering, and analysis. Ensure that we are always delivering actionable insights that are of high value to the client.
- Design, launch, monitor, and optimize paid social and search advertising campaigns.
- Use Google Analytics and available data to ensure activities are providing a clear and measurable return on investment.
- Strengthen and expand your skill set through professional development, online learning, and networking opportunities.
- Support the activities of the agency through research, writing, event planning, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, journalism, English, or a related field.
- 1–3 years of experience in social listening, analytics, and/or in marketing.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with passion for communications, social media, and public affairs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of both large and small teams.
- Advanced knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogging channels.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Proficiency in mathematics, data gathering, and analysis.
Hours & Location:
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
- If necessary, the Digital Marketing Specialist may be asked to work longer hours or on weekends.
- Work takes place in the Eckel & Vaughan office: 706 Hillsborough Street, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC.
- Competitive salary and benefits package based upon experience and qualifications.
- Performance-based annual bonus structure.
- Excellent medical coverage.
- Retirement savings plan (401(k)) with employer matching.
- Reimbursement for cell phone usage.
- Email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact information for two references
- Two writing samples