Engagement Manager – Western Region
Eckel & Vaughan (E&V)—a leading, full-service strategic communications agency headquartered in Raleigh, N.C.—is growing its public engagement team in North Carolina to support various high-impact projects in communities across the state.
E&V is actively looking for individuals who are invested in their communities and are willing to help educate the public about complex projects affecting their neighbors.
Who are we looking for? A “people person” with proven success in problem solving. Various backgrounds and experiences are welcome, but communications, sales, or community organization experience is a plus. Ideal candidates would have strong team-building skills, writing skills, and a deep understanding of and appreciation for all types of people within their community.
What’s in it for you? We pride ourselves on doing work that matters. Projects before the public engagement team are impactful—as a result, this team has the chance to equip our communities for tomorrow’s economy. All people deserve to be understood. In this role, you would be the voice for all kinds of people, providing visibility and empathy, while making important decisions. The expectation for this job is to be out in the community, not behind a desk, which makes this job flexible around your schedule.
- Coordinate with and take direction from the project strategy team and look for ways to apply and refine engagement strategy in the field
- Serve as the face and voice of a high-impact project within a community, serving as the in-person intermediary advocating for the project team and the customers affected by the project
- Routinely interface with project leads on site and customers in close proximity to the site to ensure that there are no issues with the project
- Receive and handle direct communications from project leads and customers in proximity to it including phone calls, texts, and emails
- Prioritize and respond to problems in real time
- Report successes and activity from the field
- Fulltime and part time positions available
- Must demonstrate exceptional experience in customer relations including problem/resolution and de-escalation techniques
- Must be a natural at developing and maintaining relationships with people in support of and opposed to high-impact projects
- Must demonstrate an ability to coordinate the activities and inputs from a team representing a variety of workstreams important to the project
- Must be organized with the ability to anticipate and plan for issues, map and track public engagement activities including customer and stakeholder inputs
- Must be able to communicate to and convey input from community stakeholders with influence over a community project
- Must be technically proficient with the ability to utilize new technology tools
- Must be able to travel within the community, routinely making stops within a project’s proximity
- Civil or environmental engineering field experience, rezoning and permitting communications experience are appreciated
- At least four to five years of career experience is expected and out-of-retirement applicants are encouraged
- References required
- Full-time and part-time contract positions with salary dependent upon experience
- Laptop, mobile phone, and relevant software provided
Why Eckel & Vaughan?
Eckel & Vaughan is a leading, full-service communications agency, headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., with employees in the Triangle region, Charlotte, and Wilmington. Clients include Fortune 100 and privately held companies and trade associations in energy, healthcare, manufacturing, social media, banking, education, transportation, food service, and real estate industries, among others. E&V is known for its ability to provide successful communications solutions to unique, high-impact, and complicated business challenges, offering services such as crisis communications counsel, reputation management, public affairs, and general marketing communications. For more information, visit www.eandvgroup.com.
- Fill out the form below OR Email the following to: EngagementManager@eandvgroup.com
- Résumé and cover letter
- One writing samples
- Contact information for two references