Full-Time Fellow (recent college graduate)
About Us: E&V is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, N.C. We help our clients find their voice – what to say, when, where, and how to say it. And then we get the right people talking about them – the right way – through the right channels. That’s what leads to not only getting our clients noticed, but making them successful.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
About the Fellowship: The fellowship program at E&V allows fellows to dive deep into E&V culture and assigned accounts. They are onboarded to three-four accounts and will become an integral part of the team by attending internal and/or client meetings. Our agency’s leaders believe it’s E&V’s duty to help our industry continue to grow in the Triangle and make it the best it can be for the businesses established here every day. So, we search for give-back opportunities to the community and industry, and we approach our fellowship program no differently. Structured as part mentorship program, part pre-entry-level job, we give our fellows a great deal of freedom, while also offering dedicated fellowship advisors to guide them, as needed. We not only invest in professional development opportunities that help our fellows thrive at E&V, but also expand our sessions to industry-wide content that will benefit them throughout their career. Throughout the fellowship program, fellows’ managers also aim to harness and strengthen the same five key qualities all full-time E&V staff seek to demonstrate each day:
Responsibilities of a fellow include, but are not limited to:
- Developing original content for the social media platforms of E&V and our clients.
- Gathering metrics and data using Meltwater, Cision, TVEyes, Google News Search, and other tools for media relations coverage monitoring and reporting.
- Developing and executing research projects for account teams and clients.
- Contributing to agency brainstorms and planning sessions for clients.
- Developing targeted media lists to guide media outreach for clients.
- Drafting media materials (e.g., media alerts, pitch notes, press releases, byline articles) and other content (e.g., blogs, talking points) for clients.
- Using Google Analytics and available data to ensure activities are providing measurable return on investment.
- Conducting media outreach on behalf of clients and pitching stories to reporters about their brand.
- Helping ideate, strategize, and implement campaigns aimed at our clients’ target audiences.
- Recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in communications, English, media, journalism, political science, or related field.
- Ability to work 30-40 hours per week.
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and research skills.
- Self-starter with a passion for communications.
- Operating knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
To apply, email the following materials to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples
Please monitor your spam/junk mail for response on your application.
Fellowship Applications Dates:
Fall Semester (August -Dec):
Open Application: May 1
Application Deadline: July 1
Spring Semester (January-May):
Open Application: September 1
Application Deadline: November 1
Open Application: January 15
Application Deadline: March 15