Part-Time Intern (undergraduate student)
About Us: E&V is a full-service strategic communications agency based in Raleigh, N.C. We help our clients find their voice – what to say, when, where, and how to say it. And then we get the right people talking about them – the right way – through the right channels. That’s what leads to not only getting our clients noticed, but making them successful.
- Brand Management
- Issue Advocacy
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
About the Internship: The internship program at E&V introduces agency life to go-getters balancing a full plate of college courses and a part-time position at E&V. Interns are assigned one-off agency and client projects. Because they are not assigned accounts, they get to experience client work for an array of clients and industries. Our agency’s leaders believe it’s E&V’s duty to help our industry continue to grow in the Triangle and make it the best it can be for the businesses established here every day. So, we search for give-back opportunities to the community and industry, and we approach our internship program no differently. We not only invest in professional development opportunities that help our interns thrive at E&V, but also expand our sessions to industry-wide content that will benefit them throughout their career. Throughout the internship program, interns’ managers also aim to harness and strengthen the same five key qualities all full-time E&V staff seek to demonstrate each day:
Responsibilities of an intern include, but are not limited to:
- Developing original content for the social media platforms of E&V and our clients.
- Gathering metrics and data using Meltwater, Cision, TVEyes, Google News Search, and other tools for media relations coverage monitoring and reporting.
- Developing and executing research projects for account teams and clients.
- Contributing to agency brainstorms and planning sessions for clients.
- Developing targeted media lists to guide media outreach for clients.
- Drafting media materials (e.g., media alerts, pitch notes, press releases, byline articles) and other content (e.g., blogs, talking points) for clients.
- Using Google Analytics and available data to ensure activities are providing measurable return on investment.
- Enrolled junior or senior in college.
- Ability to work 10-25 hours per week.
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and research skills.
- Self-starter with a passion for communications.
- Operating knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
To apply, email the following materials to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples
Please monitor your spam/junk mail for response on your application.
Internship Applications Dates:
Fall Semester (August -Dec):
Open Application: May 1
Application Deadline: July 1
Spring Semester (January-May):
Open Application: September 1
Application Deadline: November 1
Open Application: January 15
Application Deadline: March 15