(Fall Semester, Spring Semester, or Summer)
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service marketing and public affairs agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the press. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant. To influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done.
During their time with us, the intern will have the opportunity to specialize in a specific path that aligns with their personal and professional goals. While specialization is not required, these paths offer the intern additional experience in a respective area of interest. Interns may switch specializations during their tenure. The specializations are as follows:
- Social & Digital
- PR & Media Relations
- Public Affairs/Policy
Summer 2019 Internship Schedule:
- March 15: Applications due
- Weeks of March 18 and March 25: First round interviews
- Week of April 1: Second round interviews
- Week of April 8: Intern applicants notified
- Marketing & Advertising
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations
- Social Media
Responsibilities of the Intern:
- Develop original, thoughtful content for the social media platforms of Eckel & Vaughan and our clients.
- Help build and strengthen relationships with individuals in our clients’ online networks and target audiences.
- Utilize Meltwater, Google News Search, and other tools to monitor online traffic on behalf of clients.
- Use Google Analytics and available data to ensure activities are providing a clear and measurable return on investment.
- Develop and execute research projects on behalf of our clients.
- Read an assigned book related to the strategic communications industry and craft a blog outlining insights from the book to be featured on the E&V blog.
- “Host” a Lunch & Learn for Eckel & Vaughan employees based on a theme of the intern’s choosing.
- Strong writing, communication and research skills.
- Self-starter with passion for communications and social media.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Blogging channels.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter a plus.
- All E&V interns will be eligible for a performance-based stipend at the end of their internship.
- Email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two writing samples
- Though not required, letters of recommendation from professors or other professional references are encouraged