(Fall Semester, Spring Semester, or Summer)
About Us: Eckel & Vaughan is a full-service marketing and public affairs agency based in Raleigh, NC. We’re not a traditional ad agency. We’re a conversation agency. We get people talking to each other about our clients. Online. On the phone. In the press. And in the halls and chambers of government. We’re not a vendor or a supplier. We’re a partner. A collaborator. It’s our job to help businesses and organizations find their voice and say something important and relevant. To influence public opinion or buying behaviors. We do it by listening intently, building relationships, and then making the right connections with the right people to get the job done.
Fall 2018 Internship Schedule:
- July 13: Applications due
- Week of July 16: First round interviews
- Week of July 23: Second round interviews
- Week of July 30: Intern applicants notified
- Marketing & Advertising
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations
- Social Media
Responsibilities of the Intern:
- Develop original, thoughtful content for the social media platforms of Eckel & Vaughan and our clients.
- Help build and strengthen relationships with individuals in our clients’ online networks and target audiences.
- Utilize Meltwater, Google News Search, and other tools to monitor online traffic on behalf of clients.
- Use Google Analytics and available data to ensure activities are providing a clear and measurable return on investment.
- Develop and execute research projects on behalf of our clients.
- Read an assigned book related to the strategic communications industry and craft a blog outlining insights from the book to be featured on the E&V blog.
- “Host” a Lunch & Learn for Eckel & Vaughan employees based on a theme of the intern’s choosing.
- Strong writing, communication and research skills.
- Self-starter with passion for communications and social media.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Blogging channels.
- Proficiency in the Macintosh OS as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and the advertising platforms on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter a plus.
- All E&V interns will be eligible for a performance-based stipend at the end of their internship.
- Email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two writing samples
- Though not required, letters of recommendation from professors or other professional references are encouraged